Marriage in community of property 1
Certain assets do not form part of the joint estate
• Certain assets do not form part of the joint estate, namely:
• Assets which are specifically excluded from community of property ;
• Donations and inheritances which are expressly excluded from community of property by the testator/testatrix or donor;
• Assets acquired subject to a fideicomissum or usufruct. However, the fruits of such assets will form part of the joint estate unless such fruits are also specifically excluded therefrom;
• Any amount recovered by a spouse by way of damages for non-patrimonial loss;
• Certain life insurance policies.