GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
I, the undersigned,
of ______________________________________________________________ (address)
born on the _________________ day of ______________________ 19_______
do hereby appoint _________________________________________________
(hereinafter called "the Agent") to be my lawful agent for managing and transacting my business in the Republic of South Africa with full power and authority for me and in my name, and for my account and benefit:
1. To demand, sue for and recover, and give discharges for all moneys, securities for all sums of money, debts, stocks, shares and property now or hereafter belonging to me, whether solely or jointly with any other person or persons.
2. To manage and let my immovable property in such manner as the Agent shall think fit and to make any outlay in connection with the said property and the upkeep thereof or otherwise in relation to the said property or any part thereof.
3. To manage my business affairs, investments, securities and movable property for the time being in such manner as the Agent shall think fit and to make any payments in connection with my business affairs, investments, securities and movable property.
4. To commerce, carry on or defend all actions and other legal proceedings in respect of my property or affairs or any part thereof or in respect of anything in which I or my property or affairs may be in any way concerned.
5. To settle, compromise or submit to arbitration all accounts, claims and disputes between me and any other person or persons.
6. To accept the transfer of any stocks, funds, shares, annuities and other securities, which shall or may at any time hereafter be transferable to me, whether solely or jointly with any other person or persons.
7. To invest any of my money in such manner, at such rate of interest, and upon such securities as the Agent shall in his absolute discretion think fit and from time to time to vary the said investments or any of them and in the meantime, and pending any such investment as aforesaid, to deposit the said money or any part thereof with any bank, building society or other institution authorised by law to accept money on deposit to whom or to which the Agent shall think fit to entrust the same.
8. The receive the dividends, interest and income arising from any stocks, shares or other property now or hereafter belonging to me, whether solely or jointly with any other person or persons.
9. To carry into effect and perform all agreements entered into by me with any other person or persons.
10. For the purposes aforesaid or any of them, to operate on any banking account already opened in my name alone or in the joint names of myself and any other person or persons, and to open or operate any new banking account in such name or names, and to draw, sign, endorse and negotiate cheques, bills of exchange, dividend and interest warrants and negotiable instruments (but excluding power to give promissory notes or to accept bills of exchange), and to sign my name and execute on my behalf all contracts, transfers, deeds and instruments whatsoever.
11. To concur in doing any of the acts and things hereinbefore mentioned in conjunction with any other person or persons having an interest therein.
12. Generally to act in relation to my property and affairs and in relation to this deed as fully and effectually in all respects as I myself could do.
I hereby ratify and agree to ratify everything, which the Agent under this power of attorney shall do or purport to do by virtue of this power of attorney.
Signed at _____________________ on this _________ day of __________________
20 _________, in the presence of the undersigned witnesses.
2. __________________________ __________________________
(Signature of witnesses) (Signature of principal)